Thursday, October 25, 2012

Police officer tasers blind man for carrying a stick

From the UK telegraph

A blind man got tasered by police officers after walking on the street with his stick, according to news media reports.

A police officer faces an investigation after tasering the blind on the street after he mistook his white cane for a samurai sword.

Former company director Colin Farmer, 61, was hit in the back by a 50,000 volt stun device and then handcuffed while he was on his way to meet friends for a drink at the local pub.

Mr. Farmer who used to run an architect business said he had made a formal complaint and has taken legal action against the police in Lancashire, who have apologized and have begun an investigation.
"It was like being trapped in a nightmare," Farmer said, a fellow of the Institute of Management for 20 years. "I did not even know that the police were there. I heard men shouting. I thought they were yelling at some people.

I certainly did not know they were police and certainly did not know they were yelling at me.
I thought it was going to be attacked by hooligans. Next I was shot with a Taser gun, but I did not know it was a Taser at the time,” he told the local newspaper.


Really makes me feel safe having these cops around.......


No comments:

Post a Comment