Sunday, January 17, 2010


Science project empties school

A San Diego middle school was evacuated when a student's science project was mistaken for a bomb, the fire department said.

Department spokesman Maurice Luque said a vice principal's concerns prompted the evacuation of Millennial Tech Magnet Middle School on Friday.

An arson team took photos and X-rays of the empty plastic bottle with wires and determined it was harmless, Luque said.

The 11-year-old boy was trying to build a motion detector from instructions he found on the Internet and parts he bought online with help from his father, Luque said.

Read more:

This is not the first time, if it wasn't so sad, it would be funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment